December 21 2018
The year 2018 is coming to an end. Take advantage of the upcoming holiday season for joy and efficient rest.
In 2019 we wish you best success in future challenges, let potential problems and inconveniences be effectively minimized, and let the renewable moments of happiness and satisfaction grow and intensify.
Happy New Year!
Apple of inspiration for the record tandem solar cell
December 19 2018
The president of Slovenia, Borut Pahot, recognised the recent achievement of 25.5% efficient tandem pervoskite-silicon solar. The president handed the Apple of inspiration to the scientists that developed the record cell. Dr. Marko Jošt, Dr. Benjamin Lipovšek, Prof. Dr. Janez Krč and Prof. Dr. Marko Topič from Laboratory of photovoltaics and optoelectronics, and Prof. Dr. Steve Albrecht and Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech who represented the co-authors from Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin received the Apple of inspiration.
The Vodovnik Award for PhD Thesis
December 7 2018
Dr. Marko Jošt receiverd this year's Vodovnik Award for outstanding PhD thesis. Marko was a PhD student as a Junior Researcher in Laboratory of photovoltaics and optoelectronics. He received his PhD from University of Ljubljana as well as from Technische Universität Berlin, where he was also awarded with highest honor summa cum laude.
The Record Tandem Solar Cell
November 12 2018
During his postdoctoral training at Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Dr. Marko Jošt and co-workers developed a record perovskite – silicon tandem solar cell with 25.5% efficiency. Such high efficiency was achieved using a textured foil, which was developed in Laboratory of photovoltaics and optoelectronics. The research was conducted in the scope of bilateral German-Slovenian project and published in the renown scientific journal Energy and Environmental Science.
New Junior Researcher in LPVO
October 1 2018
A new junior researcher has begun with PhD training in LPVO: Miha Kikelj.
LPVO at EU-PVSEC 2018
September 18, 2018
In next week, September 24 to 28, we will attend the largest photovoltaic conference the EU-PVSEC 2018 in Brussels. We will present six contributions to the scientific part of the conference, and additionally we will also present our PV monitoring solutions in the booth A1 at the exhibition.
- 2AO.4.2: B. Lipovsek, Optical Investigation of High-Efficiency Silicon-Based Solar Cells with Multi-Scale Interface Textures Enabled by Coupled Modelling Approach
- 5CV.3.4: M. Bokalic, Multi-Imaging of PV Module Inhomogeneities in 17 kW PV Power Plant and Mutual Correlations
- 5CV.3.7: K. Brecl, The Influence of the EVA Film Quality on the Degradation of PV Modules under Harsh Test Conditions
- 5CV.3.22: M. Jankovec, Wireless System for In-Situ Monitoring of Moisture Ingress in PV Modules
- 5CV.3.24: S. Mitterhofer, Using UV LEDs for PV Module Aging and Degradation Study
- 6DV.1.47: J. Ascencio-Vásquez, Validation of PV System Performance Modelling in View of Köppen-Geiger-Photovoltaic Climate Classification
We look forward to meeting you in Brussels!
7. Slovenska fotovoltaična konferenca
28. AVGUST 2018
Na fakulteti bomo v ponedeljek, 3. septembra 2018 organizirali sedmo konferenco SLO-PV. Poleg predavanj bo v avli tudi sejemska prireditev. Udeležba na konferenci je brezplačna. Vabljeni.
Več informacij in prijave: http://slo-pv.fe.uni-lj.si.
Seminar about light
May 11 2018
International day of light is being held for the first time this year. In collaboration with Lightning Engineering Society of Slovenia we will host a seminar on the topic of light at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. After the lectures, there will be lab tours. Lectures:
- Photovoltaics (Dr. Matevž Bokalič)
- Light in telecommunications (Assist. Prof. Dr. Boštjan Batagelj)
- Use of light in technology (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Marta Klanjšek Gunde)
- Daylight (Neža Močnik)
- Biologically active lightninng (Assist. Prof. Dr. Matej B. Kobav)
Seminar will be on Wednesday, 16. 5. at 4 PM in the Diploma room at Faculty of Electrical Engineering.