Young Researcher at BISOL Group
March 25 2013
BISOL Group d.o.o. opened a call for position of a young researcher. The aim of employment is a development of a hardware/software platform for intelligent storage, consumption and minimization of electricity generated from in-house PV system to the grid. PhD training programme will take place at University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Elec Eng. Send an e-mail with CV to Marko.Topic[at]fe.uni-lj.si.
Cooperation with Colorado State University
January 12 2013
We are continuing our successful cooperation with Colorado State University from Colorado, USA as a two-year bilateral project Performance limits of high bandgap thin film photovoltaics.
December 23 2012
The year 2012 is coming to an end. Take advantage of the upcoming holiday season for joy and efficient rest.
In 2013 we wish you best success in future challenges, let potential problems and inconveniences be effectively minimized, and let the renewable moments of happiness and satisfaction grow and intensify.
Happy New Year!
Defense of the PhD Thesis
December 14 2012
PhD student Matic Herman will defend his PhD thesis entitled Modeling and characterization of solar cell dynamic properties on 19th of December at 12 PM in Diploma room at Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
Lecture at Paris-Tech
December 3 2012
Prof. Dr. Marko Topič presented a lecture entitled Optical modelling of thin-film solar cells - approaches and constraints at Institut de Recherce et Developpment sur l’Energie Photovoltaique (IRDEP), a part of Paris-Tech university.
Lecture at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
October 22 2012
Prof. Dr. Marko topič presented a lecture entitled Light management of thin-film silicon solar cells - approaches and challenges at Institute of Silicon Photovoltaics, a subdivision of Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin.
Best poster award at 27th EU PVSEC
October 1 2012
Members of LPVO participated in the 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference where more than 4000 attendees listened to 300 oral and 1100 visual presentations. Their poster
Benjamin Lipovšek, Janez Krč, Marko Topič
Design and Optimisation of Thin-Film Silicon PV Modules with Surface-Textured Front Glass by Using a Combined Geometric Optics / Wave Optics Model
was awarded the best poster in topic Thin-Film Solar Cells.
More about 27th EU PVSEC awards.
Contributions to 27th EU PVSEC
September 20 2012
Members of LPVO will attend the 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference with the following contributions.
- 3AO.6.4; M. Sever, B. Lipovšek, J. Krč, M. Topič; Optimisation of Surface Textures in Thin-Film Silicon Solar Cells with 3D Optical Modelling by Considering Realistic Layer Growth
- 3CO.3.3; M. Bokalič, K. Brecl, J. Raguse, K. Zaunbrecher, J.R. Sites, M. Topič; SPICE Simulations of Circumstances at Monolithic Contacts of CdTe Modules Supported by Electroluminescent Measurements
- 3BO.4.6; M. Topič; Potential and Limitations of Chalcopyrite Thin Film Solar Cells
- 5AV.2.5; K. Brecl, M. Topič; The Influence of the Reactive Power Service on the PV System Energy and Economic Yield: Case Study of Feed-in Tariff and Investment
- 4BV.2.17; M. Jankovec, B. Glažar, M. Topič;A Novel System for Monitoring of PV Modules at Outdoor Conditions with Simultaneous MPP Tracking
- 3DV.1.62; B. Lipovšek, J. Krč, M. Topič; Design and Optimisation of Thin-Film Silicon PV Modules with Surface-Textured Front Glass by Using a Combined Geometric Optics / Wave Optics Model
- 3DV.4.32; M. Berginc, U. Opara Krašovec, M. Bokalič, M. Filipič, M. Topič; Study of Spatial Changes Associated with the Indoor Ageing of the Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell under Different Operation Regimes
Contributions to MIDEM 2012 Conference
september 15 2012
Members of LPVO will attend the 48. International Conference MIDEM 2012 with the following contributions.
Talks. Session on optoelectronics. Wednesday, September 19 at 9:15 AM.
- A. Čampa; NIKA - Model for Extracting Refractive Indices
- M. Filipič, Z. Holman, S. De Wolf, F. Smole, C. Ballif, M. Topič; Analysis of Parasitic Light Absorption Losses in ITO and Silver Layers at the Back of Silicon Heterojunction Solar Cells
- M. Sever, B. Lipovšek, J. Krč and M. Topič; Periodic Surface Texture Optimization for Improved Light Trapping in Thin-film Silicon Solar Cells
- M. Pirc, M. Topič; Electric Field Enhanced Optical Absorption in Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon
Talks. Session on electronics. Wednesday, September 19 at 4:30 PM.
- G. Matič, D. Jurman, M. Jankovec, M. Topič; Development and Validation of Attitude Estimation System for All-rotating Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Posters. Session on optoelectronics. Wednesday, September 19 at 6:00 PM.
- M. Bokalič, J. R. Sites, M. Topič; Spice Simulations of Solar Cells’ Electroluminescence Mapping
- T. Vidmar, U. Opara Krašovec, M. Hočevar, M. Topič; Electrochromic Devices Based on Co2+/Co3+ Redox Couple
- S. Madunić, M. Friškovec, F. Zajc, U. Opara Krašovec, M. Topič; Evaluation of Electroluminescent Display Performance
Green future lies in solar power plants
September 15 2012
Prof. Dr. Marko Topič will give a talk entitled Green Technologies in Photovoltaics in scope of Green Future Lies in Solar Power Plants conference, organized by Slovenian Photovoltaic Industry Association.
The conference will be held at Blue Hall of Celjski Sejem in Celje on September 17, 2012, at 1:30 PM. Welcome.
Summer School BiMaUti
July 10 2012
Lecturers from Laboratory of Photovoltaics and Optoelectronics, Prof. Dr. Marko Topič and Dr. Urša Opara Krašovec, will give lectures in scope of BiMaUti summer school (Bioinspired Materials for Solar Energy Utilization) on Crete.