December 24 2014
The year 2014 is coming to an end. Take advantage of the upcoming holiday season for joy and efficient rest.
In 2015 we wish you best success in future challenges, let potential problems and inconveniences be effectively minimized, and let the renewable moments of happiness and satisfaction grow and intensify.
Happy New Year!
Awards of LPVO members
December 12 2014
Members of LPVO have been awarded the following awards for their theses and study achievements in 2014:
- Rok Kimovec was awarded the Faculty's Prešeren Award for bachelor thesis entitled Wireless power supply of electronic devices over optical fiber,
- Marko Jošt was awarded Solemn plaque for exceptional study achievements at the University of Ljubljana,
- Marija Drev was awarded Trimo Research Award for PhD thesis entitled Nanocrystalline TiO2 layers and luminescent converters in dye sensitized solar cells,
- Matevž Bokalič was awarded Trimo Acknowledgment for PhD thesis entitled Conversion efficiency inhomogeneities of photovoltaic devices.
Series of lectures by Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech
October 21 2014
Laboratory of Photovoltaics and Optoelectronics kindly invites you to the series of lectures which will be given by Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech from EHelmholtz-Zentrum Berlin / Technische Universität Berlin. The topic of the lectures is photovoltaics. The lectures will be a part of the Photovoltaics PhD course.
- on Wednesday, 22. 10. 2014 at 14:00 in room P14a - Thin Film Technologies – PV and beyond
- on Thursday, 23. 10. 2014 at 14:00 in room P7 - Growth and Characterization of Thin Films
- On Monday, 27. 10. 2014 at 14:15 in room P15a - Photovoltaics in “a nut shell”
- on Tuesday, 28. 10. 2014 at 14:00 in room P12 - Thin Film Silicon R&D at HZB
The venue for the lectures is the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Trzaska cesta 25, Ljubljana. Lectures will be given in English.
5th Slovenian photovoltaic conference
JULY 25 2014
On Tuesday, September 2nd 2014 we are organising fifth conference SLO-PV. Besides lectures (in Slovene) there will also be a fair. Attendance is free of charge. Welcome.
More info and registration: http://slo-pv.fe.uni-lj.si.
2nd Euroregional Workshop on Photovoltaics
JULY 25 2014
From September 1st to 3rd 2014 we are organising second Euroregional Workshop on Photovoltaics EUROREG-PV. Attendance is free of charge. Welcome.
Več informacij in prijave: http://euroreg-pv.fe.uni-lj.si.
PhD Thesis Proposal
May 22 2014
Graduate student Blaž Kirn will present a PhD thesis proposal entitled Life cycle performance of solar photovoltaic power plants on Thursday, May 22 2014 at 9:00 AM in Laboratory LPE at Faculty of Electrical Engineering. Welcome.
Consultation on the Energy Concept of Slovenia
Februar 21 2014
Prof. Dr. Marko Topič will give a presentation entitled Photovoltaics in Slovenia along the paths of development in the scope of Consultation on the Energy Concept of Slovenia.
The consultation will be in the hall of the National Council on Friday, February 28, at 10 AM. Invitation.
Added: Video of the consultation.
Event about integrated photovoltaics
Februar 13 2014
An event entitled Advantages of building integrated photovoltaics will be held at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering on Friday, February 14. The event will be in Slovenian language.
LPVO Software presentation
Januar 17 2014
Research topic of Laboratory of photovoltaics and optoelectronics is also development of optoelectronic devices, especially solar cells. Based on our research needs, we have developed software packages with well calibrated models to predict and understand optical and electrical circumstances inside these devices.
We are presenting our own simulation tools on the software web page. Among them:
- SunShine - 1D Optical simulator (semi-coherent model)
- FEMOS 2D - 2D rigorous optical simulator (FEM based)
- CROWM - 3D Optical simulator (combined wave optics with ray optics)
- ASPIN3 - 2D Optoelectronic simulator
- SunIrradiance - Sun Irradiance simulator
- Nika - complex refractive index defined (fundamental R&T method)
- Combined growth model - thin-film non-conformal layer growth (conformal + isotropic growth)