News and notices
Collected material for ERASMUS students in year 2016/2017:
About the course
Lectures and laboratory work will give theoretical backgrond and practical knowledges about principles of optoelectronics and about the design and working principle of selected optoelectronic structures and devices.
- Introduction to optoelectronics and photonics
- Light and colours, radiometry and photometry
- Light sources. LEDs, lasers and LDs.
- Displays: LCD, plasma, LED, 3D
- Photo-detectors, CCD, CMOS and large area photo-arrays
- Systems with optical fibers. photonic crystals.
- Photovoltaics: Conversion of solar energy to electricity. Operation of a solar cell. Types and structures of solar cells. Current conversion efficiency tables. State-of-the-art technological trends. Optical design of thin-film solar cells. PV modules. Design of PV systems and power plants. Environmental and economical aspects of photovoltaics.
Study material and Literature
Handouts of all lectures - delivered at lectures.
- Fundamentals of photonics (Saleh, 2007)
- Handbook of optoelectronics (Dakin, 2006)
- Optoelectronics and photonics (Kasap, 2001)
- Optics and photonics (Smith et al., 2007)
- Soltrain – slovenski priročnik (FE, 2004)
- Handbook of photovoltaic science and eng. (Luque,2011)
- Fotonapetostni sistemi (Lenardič, 2009)
Laboratory work at the course of Optoelectronics includes the following experimental tasks:
- The principles of light-matter interaction
- Optical spectroscopy using a monochromator
- Characteristics of a semiconductor laser
- Characteristics of solar cells and PV modules
- Design of a simple optical transmitter/receiver system
Applications to exams
For applications to written and oral examinations please use study information system.
Examples of exams
Will be provided.