Two- and Four-pole networks. Linearisation.
Properties of Semiconductors.
PN junction and diodes. Energy band diagrams and concentration profiles. Current-voltage characteristic. Small-Signal Analysis. Large-Signal Analysis. Breakdown and Zener diode.
Bipolar transistors - PNP and NPN. Energy band diagrams and concentration profiles. Current-voltage characteristics. Small-Signal Analysis. Large-Signal Analysis.
Field-effect transistors - Junction FET and MOS FET. Current-voltage characteristics. Small-Signal Analysis. Large-Signal Analysis.
Switching devices: PNPN diode, diac, thyristor, triac, IGBT.
Optoelectronic devices: photoresistor, photodiode and solar cell, light emitting diodes and diode lasers, optocouplers.
Schedule of laboratory practice - school year 2017/2018
Foreign students should contact assistant for group arrangement.
1. Static I(U) curve of semiconductor diode
2. Differential conductance of a semiconductor diode
3. Switching times and junction capacitance of a pn diode
4. Breakdown diode as voltage stabiliser
5. Ebers-Moll model of a bipolar transistor
6. Incremental quadripole parameters of a bipolar transistor as small-signal amplifier
7. Limit frequencies of a bipolar transistor
8. Switching times of a bipolar transistor
9. MOS transistor
10. Light-emitting diode (LED)
Terms and registration
Written terms are published in STUDIS. A student needs to register for an exam in STUDIS at least five days before the exam. The exam dates in 2018 are: 26.1., 9.2., 21.6. and 23.8. Oral exams are arranged with the professor.
- Condition for written exam: Completed all laboratory exercises
- Condition for oral exam: Passed written exam (at least 50 points out of 100)
Permitted aids at the exam
- Official A4 sheet with equations (see above),
- Dedicated calculator (mobile phones and tablets are not allowed).