Vsa aktualna obvestila so objavljena v spletni učilnici.
About the course
Photonic and optoelectronic structures and devices are nowadays present at every step of our life. The purpose of the course is to give a basic knowledge on the subject from theoretical and especially practical point of view.
- Introduction to photonics
- Light and colours
- Semiconductor light sources, LEDs, lasers, LDs, displays
- Photo-detectors, CCDs, CMOS arrays
- Optical fibers
- Photovoltaics: conversion of solar energy to electricity, operational principle of solar cells, types of solar cells and PV modules, state-of-the-art technological trends, PV moduls, PV systems, solar plants, ecological and economic trends of photovoltaics
Study material and Literature
Handouts of all lectures available - delivered at each lecture
- S. O. Kasap, Optoelectronics and Photonics: Principles and Practices, Prentice Hall, 2001
- D. Malacara, Color Vision and Colorimetry – Theory and Applications, Spie press, 2002
- W. J. Smith, Modern Optical Engineering, Mc-Gray Hill books, 2008
- A. Luque, S. Hegedus, Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2006.
Information will be available when the lab. work will actually begin.
Applications to exams
Applications to written and oral examinations via study information system.
Examples of exams
Will be provided.