About the course
This course develops the ability to understand and use computer and electronic equipment in the design process of electronic systems.
The course is divided into three sections:
Graphical Programming: NI LabVIEW
Circuit Simulation: LT SPICE
Circuit design: Altium Designer
- Review and use computer tools in electronics.
Graphical programming (LabVIEW):
- LabVIEW programming environment
- The concept of programming in LabVIEW
- Program flow and data flow
- Memory management, performance and program execution determinism
- LabVIEW software elements
- Virtual Instruments and features
- Data communication and synchronization
- Error management
- Samples of programming
- Debugging tools and techniques
- The connection to the physical world.
- Data Acquisition Systems
Simulation of electronic circuits (SPICE):
- The design and structure of the SPICE.
- Software modules.
- Textual and graphical interface.
- Basic analyses.
- Basic numerical methods of analyses.
- Further analyses of the SPICE program.
- Models and model editor.
- Modelling and simulation of non-electrical phenomena.
- Simulation of mixed signal circuits
Design of electronic circuits (Altium designer):
- General information on tools for the design of printed circuits.
- Organization of Altium Designer environment.
- Rules for designing electric scheme.
- Net list.
- The organization of libraries.
- Designing printed circuit boards.
- Placing elements and routing printed circuit boards.
- Electrical and design rules check.
- Automatic generation of documentation.
- Signal integrity design and simulations.
LabVIEW predavanja in vaje so akreditirani s strani podjetja National Instruments v okviru NI LabVIEW Academy Program. To pomeni, da imate vsi, ki opravite predmet možnost brezplačnega opravljanja izpita CLAD za pridobitev naziva Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer.
Notes and links from lectures:
Uvod v predmet
- LabVIEW basics tutorial
- LabVIEW developement zone
- Free online LabVIEW training webcast: Part1, Part 2
- LabVIEW Core 1 and Core 2 Course Manual and Exercises, 2009.
- Gorup Ž., Uvod v LabVIEW, Založba Fakultete za elektrotehniko, Ljubljana, 2006.
- Robert H. Bishop, Learning with Labview 7 Express, Pearson Prentice-Hall Int., 2004, ISBN 0-13-117605-6
- LabVIEW reference manual
LabVIEW student install option:
The latest version of LabVIEW can be downloaded from here (choose Undergraduate Student). I can also borrow you installation CDs or copy the files to your USB memory stick.
In order to licence your copy, write me email for licence file. Vhen installing and registering the software, follow the instructions.
Instructions and accessories for LTspice:
Date and places of exams (you need to apply for exam in student office):
- tuesday, 31.1.2012 at 9h in LAE
- thrusday, 9.2.2012 at 9h in LAE
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
University of Ljubljana
Room BN312, building B, third floor
Tel.: +386 1 4768 931
You can send your questions or suggestions about the course also by the following web form: